Monday, April 16, 2007

Life is good. Haven't posted in a while but the weather has been so fantastic we have been spending most of the time in the garden. Sunflower seedlings almost ready for planting and gourd seeds just beginning to germinate. Only downside is that along with doing no blogging, I am also doing no ironing or other domestic chores and what's more, I don't care!! Andy continues to settle in well, although we had a traumatic day yesterday when in a rare moment of domestic goddessness, I made a loaf of home made bread while the young master went for a run. It emerged from the breadmaker looking delicious with a fine golden crust and appetising smell. When it had cooled a little, I sampled a slice and was heartily impressed. I replaced the bread in the kitchen in what I thought was a safe location and went about my business. I was drawn to a soft thud from the hall. The little bastard was dragging the loaf across the floor with nefarious intent. I immediately retrieved it and the culprit shot upstairs and continued to peer at me through the banisters looking both desperately cute and rather guilty. When Andrew cam home I showed him the slightly battered bread and again replaced it - when we were watering later, it vanished again! Nothing if not persistent and determined. Andrew has yet to enjoy a single slice of the lovely loaf.

On a non-dog theme, going to see Hayseed Dixie later this week. I can't wait - they are a bluegrass interpretation of AC/DC and other similar heavy rock. Sounds amazing. If you are interested, check out their website - it's superb. I may very well buy one of their musical discs. Am attending with lovely colleague A (maker of champion tarts) as the young master is up in Scotland this week. On the weekend will be attending spring RHS show at Cardiff Castle - ooh, plant heaven. Yippee!!

One of the more interesting Cllr requests today in my inbox was for an immediate light meter reading in a residents house - it never ceases to surprise me the way that all sorts of odd requests end up with our service. Will finish here but will post later in the week to report on HD performance.

No comments: