Monday, June 18, 2007


Apologies for the delay since my last post. Booty has settled in wonderfully without any hiccups and now I simply can't imagine life without her. On Monday night though I came down with a throat lurgy and was off the rest of the week, having lost my voice, and being flattened by whatever it was. Some sort of virus? Had the perculiar feeling of quite painful aches in all my remaining lymph nodes - they were obviously struggling under the pressure. So there isn't really much to say about being ill - it's boring for everyone else. Andrew as usual was saintly. Dogs didn't really pay much attention.


Missed a few things in work but I have long since ceased to worry if that happens. Very few meetings can be said to be life or death. We are trying to piece together the schedule for the demolition of the terminus building at the bus station, which contains one of our public conveniences. The toilets are falling apart at the seams but I am very reluctant to spend much money on them as it seems the works will begin in October. We did bid last year for refurbishment cash but were turned down. I find this so depressing as the loos were last refurbished in 1980 - can you believe that? I was 15, with a dodgy haircut, masses of spots and some interesting taste in music. Ah, the 80s.... Cue happy memories of Joy Division, Kraftwerk etc...


Over the weekend we went to the garden centre again. Honestly, it's like a drug. I wanted to buy some nice plants for later in the summer so we did, including some echinacea, black eyed Susans, and chrysanthemums. The garden at the moment looks wonderful. There is so much in flower or growing or sprouting - every day something new happens. We are still picking bunches of sweet peas, they are everywhere in the house, in those gorgeous rich colours and with their wonderful scent. How amazing that such a simple plant can create so much pleasure.


My foray into the world of Bebo continues. I must admit it makes me feel incredibly old compared to many of the posters - I have a head start of around 30 years on many of them, but it does mean that I can talk to Sarah, Katie and Dan which is great. Have to say I also admire greatly the creativity and wit that goes into the creation of the pages - it's great. I'll draw a line over the spelling, punctuation and grammar though - best regarded as wayward.


Will close with a photo of Booty.

No comments: