Sunday, August 02, 2009







A peaceful weekend before a very busy August. Yesterday, we bathed the dogs, fortunately not something we do too often as it is traumatic for them and damp for us. Pics attached. Even though Booty loves water when she is out on her walks, she is not a fan of the bath. Her tail goes between her legs and she shakes while she is in there. I love the way they look when they emerge - fluffy and spiky and somehow so naked without their collars on. When Booty is draped with the towel while she is being dried, she always reminds me of a medieval charger, wearing heraldic livery.

I popped down to Hobbycraft yesterday afternoon - this is in a new retail complex adjacent to the new stadium in Cardiff, shared between Cardiff football and rugby club. Swansea have done a similar thing. Treated myself to some crafty bits, before coming home. We watched Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull last night which was awful, truly dismal and astoundingly bad. If you haven't watched it, please don't. Tonight, we watched Mamma Mia, at last, long after the rest of the world I guess. Loved it - slightly surreal, very perculiar to see an actress like Meryl Streep cavorting and singing so badly - and Pierce Brosnan! But all in all fab, and I was very happily reminded of the many nice holidays we have enjoyed in Greece, which Andrew particularly loves.
Rather worryingly,we are beginning to look ahead to some autumn activities - planning a weekend in London and a pre-Christmas trip over to Germany to enjoy some of their festive markets. How quickly this year is going by!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I hate the Indiana Jones too. Such a wasted opportunity. However, although I abhor the very concept of Mama Mia I do think Meryl does OK. J x