Thursday, June 09, 2011



I'm beginning to feel that everyone around me is the victim of a strange orthopaedic curse. While I was at work last night, Andrew heard from his mum, who's just broken her arm/wrist, and is now in plaster. So, that's three breaks in three weeks, after going years without anyone I know breaking anything. Fortunately, she is not in too much pain, but as with all these sorts of injuries, is finding the cast a hindrance to everyday life. Also, she's righthanded and has broken her left arm, so that at least means her right arm is still working. I sent her a get well card this morning that I made. I used some of the lovely Anna Griffin kit I recently got from QVC - I've been delighted with it. Pics of Rita in her cast (courtesy of FIL) and card attached.

The other downer is that Andrew came home yesterday afternoon after a successful trip to Watford (successful in the sense that he managed the travelling with no problem) and by last night was feeling very poorly. This morning his temperature was 38.8, he's unwell and has wisely stayed in bed and slept most of the day. Later this afternoon, Tesco are delivering some groceries to us, and I'm hoping to catch up on some sewing after a busy morning.

No comments: