Friday, August 31, 2007

Yesterday was a productive day. Went to the hairdressers in the morning, after spending the early part of the day engaged in a vigourous bout of housework. Having the hounds means that regular hoovering and mopping is essential to keep the place looking clean and tidy. With Andy's paw still sporadically bleeding as well, it is important to remove that "crime scene" look on a regular basis. Also have been catching up with washing and ironing, always a never ending job.

Returned from the hairdresser with a trim and new colour - a deep reddy brown, looks good. As I was leaving the car to come round the house to the front door, my Lands End parcel arrived. I had ordered a little fleece jacket and a fleece sweatshirt, both in a deep browny purple colour - lovely. In the winter, I adore fleece, and would happily dress in nothing else. It's warm and light and snuggly and just mmmmmmmm - lovely.

Dogs mysteriously failed to pass any comment on my hair (tchah, eye-roll) but were otherwise very pleased to see me. Had a good chat to Hil in the afternoon, catching up with all the news.

Today Andrew comes home - hurray! I left the house early and went first to Inkspot and enjoyed a good browse and bought myself a few nice crafty bits. Then went over to Pets at Home for some holiday kibbles for the woofs, and thence to Tesco for a shortish shop to get some things to take away with us.

Returned home to the usual ecstatic welcome from the woofs, along with a mysteriously clean floor (I'd been intending to give it another go later this afternoon.) A note from Sue our dog walker explained. Over-vigourous squirrel chasing had resulted in more bleeding, leaving the house like Macbeth's castle, so Sue had done some hasty mopping up. At the moment I am beginning to feel like Lady Macbeth myself, as I do seem to be spending a lot of time wiping up blood spatter. I am once again very thankful that we opted for wooden floors downstairs and have tiles in the kitchen.

Just done another marathon ironing session, leaving me feeling that the beast is pretty well conquered. A good sensation. Next, some bathroom cleaning, then if time a little play with my new toys from Inkspot before doing some leisurely chopping and prepping for tonight's curry.
May also put a few clothes in a suitcase to help encourage that holiday vibe......

No comments: