Monday, September 24, 2007





How many pop songs refer to Monday in the title? Lots. Why is this? Should I start a campaign on behalf of Tuesday? New Order - Blue Monday. Boomtown Rats - Tell me why I don't like Mondays ( I concur, by the way) Bangles - Manic Monday. And so on.......


And another thing, a warm, fraternal welcome to all and any union colleagues who may be reading this. You're very welcome. Feel the comradely love. Our greyhounds are paid up members of NASHER - National Association of Squirrel Hunters and Exterminators of Rabbits. I, on the other hand, am not. I must admit to a certain amount of mystification at my blog being of any interest to union colleagues - perhaps one will post a comment. Meanwhile, I'm sure your knowledge of my quilting habits and greyhound poo will be very useful in future meetings.


Top news. The young master did excellently yesterday - despite miserable conditions. We both got soaked. He did a time of 49:13, a new PB and sub-50 which is what he was aiming for.


I have posted a photo and also one from his last run at Bute Park. The invalid makes good progress. His poorly paw appears to be improving and thankfully we are having no problems in getting him to eat his antibiotics. Mixed with kibble they disappear in a flash. Also fortunately not too many effects at the other end - just turned a very peculiar colour, now being bright green. Walked him and Booty after work over at Park Tredelerch and got caught in the deluge - glad they had their coats on as it is definately getting colder now. The invalid is now lying on the bed watching me type. Jacket potatoes are in the oven and will be ready shortly. Later, my quilting homework will be completed, which should not take too long. If time permits I may photograph each stage, to illustrate progress made.

No comments: