Tuesday, April 22, 2008




Not a huge amount to write about. Last week was very quiet, and the most noteworthy thing I did was to set up a rudimentary Facebook presence. Link alongside. On Saturday I went to a workshop at Inkspot in the afternoon, on card making which I enjoyed very much. On Sunday, we went down to see Liz on the farm. A long overdue visit, since I hadn't seen her since before Christmas. Her new(ish) squeeze was there so it was nice to meet him. Sarah and Daniel were both around - Dan is now at the stage when he says everything is "gay" - could cheerfully have shot him. He now has a new crossbow but is worried about some bizarre thing he heard at school about summoning the devil - hmmmm. Apparently, you need to toss a coin while asking questions. Sounds more like a test of manual dexterity and multi-tasking to me. What is the capital of Ethiopia? What is the chemical symbol for Platinum? Go through the Past imperfect of the verb Etre in French? Explain Ohm's Law. Oh bugger, I dropped it. Oh, thank you, Mr Beelzebub,yes that's my coin. Any good at Glacial Landscapes? In a way, it's quite sweet that these strange sorts of urban myths/ghost stories still hang around at school. Some pics attached. Katie was away at a horse show. Sarah has a beautiful cat called Claudia who has recently had kittens - she is a lovely and very elegant silver grey tabby - a most striking colour.


Made some buns tonight - with lots of coconut milk and dessicated coconut. After I had finished putting them in the oven, my hands smelt wonderfully coconutty (is that a word?) and after I was stroking Andy for a bit, Andrew noticed that the smell had transferred to his fur. They came out of the oven hot around 9 and we enjoyed eating them, while watching a vintage CSI featuring the splendiferous Lady Heather. Any readers who are regular viewers will agree that she makes a far more interesting companion for G than the sour faced mule he usually associates with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARGH KATE

horris pic of me *hides in shame*

Sezx