Wednesday, April 02, 2008





Sadly, Leila returned to Devon today. I attach a photo of her departure. It was lovely to see her and I'm particularly pleased by the fact she likes her quilt. I've been left a friendly commission by her - all her 40th birthday cards, to be transformed into a collage. Quite rightly, she didn't want to leave them in a box gathering dust, as so many of them are so pretty and stylish. I will probably buy a picture frame from Ikea and then work out a layout for them. If this works, which I hope it will, it might be a nice idea for other milestones. I still have for example all our wedding cards, and all the cards from my own 40th. I will update on this over at my craft blog.




For Easter, Andrew bought me a CD, Dolly's latest, called Backwoods Barbie.I've been listening to it quite a bit over the past few days. As usual, for I adore Miss P, it's very good, with a mix of her own compositions and some interesting covers. I particularly like her cover of "Love is like a butterfly" which used to be the theme for a very funny series called "Butterflies" back in the 80s, starring Wendy Craig and Geoffrey Palmer. The artwork on the sleeve is also gorgeous, featuring photos of the divine Miss D, in a "pimped" pick-up truck, with gorgeous pink trim, and wearing the most astoundingly trashy yet glorious pink dress. As Dolly herself says so wonderfully, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." I will attempt to download some artwork from the net to illustrate - haven't done this before so may not work.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Her cover of Love Is Like A Butterfly? I think she wrote it didn't she?

Anyway, Iike your collage idea. Perhaps I'll do one of my cancer cards - although the pictures individually aren't that great (there's a real gap in the market for nice Get Well Soon cards), perhaps mixing them all up and chopping them up would work. One could also do bits of the messages too which might be nice (since people tend to say nice things about you when they think you're about to pop your clogs!).

Thanks for the postcard. You can see my blog for where we are with the apartment... J x