Monday, November 26, 2007

Busy weekend. Took the dogs over to Cosmeston on Saturday morning which was enjoyed by all. Then off to Newport for my Christmas present - a new sewing machine. Selected a Janone Quilters Companion which is lovely and then spent the rest of Saturday playing with it delightedly. Have done some of the sashings on the quilt with the machine, which is exciting.

Sunday over to Bath to see Claire, Basil and boys. An enjoyable day, with a visit in the afternoon to the American museum to look at their quilts. That was wonderful, very awe-inspiring and made me realise how far I have to go. So nice though to see some of the same blocks being used that we've been making. One of the quilts I liked was made up entirely of Dresden Plate blocks - very attractive. Admired the Christmas tree on the way out - gorgeous hand made decorations. Now I've got the machine I might have a go at doing something like that.

Andy and Booty behaved themselves impeccably - we were both so proud of them.

No comments: