Monday, November 12, 2007

Should mention that our wedding anniversary was last Thursday. Ten years!! I can honestly say that being married to Andrew is the best thing I have ever done, I'd do it again like a shot and I can heartily recommend being married. Andrew's parents sent us a beautiful bunch of freesias in the post from Guernsey. We have them in the bedroom and every time I walk past there is the most wonderful scent. Have just realised that it reminded me of Chanel No. 5.

On the weekend Alastair and Jennifer (A is Andrew's cousin)visited Cardiff to see some friends and came to us for a leisurely lunch on Sunday. I tried out a new recipe - a garlic and parsley flatbread, served with a Vietnamese chicken and mint salad followed by a winter fruit compote (or compost as we always affectionately refer to it). The flatbread was topped by three heads (yes whole heads) of garlic that were roasted in foil parcels, drizzled with olive oil. When cool each clove slipped out of its skin, golden and slippery, a bit like squeezing toothpaste. You then whizz that up with some olive oil and loads of parsley to form a green goo which you lavishly smear on the dough, bake quickly and then apply to face. Guaranteed to repel vampires but absolutely delicious.

There were a couple of small pieces left when we were tidying up after A & J left for the airport. I was stacking the dishwasher while Andrew put the pieces on a plate and stored them on top of the microwave. While my back was turned, our crafty food thief reached up, pounced and ran upstairs with his spoils. Unfortunately the stealth element was ruined by the plate smashing to the floor, so we were both torn between catching and shouting at our miscreant and clearing the kitchen floor of dangerous splinters. Andrew was not happy as he was looking forward to them for his supper later.

The weather is now much colder. Frost this morning and the dogs are wearing their thick fleecy coats when we take them out. Garden looking good but I am missing my camera. I will do a longer post on this when I have some photos to post.

No comments: