Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A quiet few days. Tonight was quilting class, the highlight of my week. We are working on the block which will form the centrepiece of the quilt, and have only two or three more classes to go before we finish the course. I am sad at this thought, as I really enjoy the social dimension too. We are a small group but have knitted together very well. Marianne our tutor gave out copies of the shop's newsletter and the summer course programme. A fantastic array of classes and at least two or three I'd like to do. Much to our amazement and delight this includes a course on "Decorating Your Bra For Belly Dancing" - yes, really. A naughty imp inside me is tempted to do the course, create the most blinged piece of underwiring imaginable, preferably with bells on, and then wear the results to something stuffy like our union JCC, or a visit by BSI to audit our quality standards. I really must control my naughty imp better.

Continuing the underwear theme, we walked the dogs over at Tredegar on Monday. It was a cold day and we virtually had the park to ourselves. Many celandines and I was very impressed by seeing some tiny and beautiful white violets- unusual and so delicate looking. Anyway, about half way round the lake, I felt a stirring in my nether regions and a most uncomfortable sensation as my knickers gradually collapsed around me. On telling my dear one, hoping for some sympathy, I was instead met by uncontrolled mirth, which continued while I minced round for the rest of the walk. I will not name the offending shop where the items were purchased, but it has convinced me that I was fickle to abandon Markles and Sparkles, and my lingerie loyalty will lie with St Michael henceforth.

No comments: