Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not a huge amount to report this evening. I am no longer responsible for the EU snot lake, which is good. Not so good - I look like I'm about to audition for a zombie film. Picture white face, shadows under red rimmed eyes, bulbous nose with sore nostrils and a general look of the undead. Just be grateful there's no picture.

Booty decided to contribute to my convalescence by giving me some work to do. She thoughtfully brought in an incredible amount of mud and assorted other organic matter and has spread it liberally through the house. A particularly impressive finishing touch was to hop onto the bed. I had turned back the duvet to air the bed as I do every morning before making it, so the sheet was an inviting canvas for a selection of muddy pawprints and deposits of what can only be described as organic material or possibly humus. You'll probably agree that this was a particularly special thing to do, and ensured that I didn't spend too much time on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. Instead I spent a long time stripping beds, hoovering and mopping, while feeling sorry for myself.

Just watched CSI Vegas and off to bed shortly.

No comments: