Monday, April 20, 2009

Poor Andrew went down with a lurgy on Friday afternoon. He came home from work feeling ropey and within a couple of hours was sneezing and coughing and feeling miserable. Originally, we'd planned to both be busy on Saturday morning but it was clear he was not well enough. So on Saturday morning, I did an early solo run down to Swansea (leaving home at around 7.30) down to the Brangwyn Hall for the SCVS Spring Charities Fair where GRW had a stall. Got the stall set up, Penny joined me and the doors opened at 10. I must say that it was very well organised - everything ran like clockwork. Catering was provided by the Girl Guides and there was a wide array of stalls selling plants, home made cakes, books and all sorts of bric-a-brac. We did well selling books and I was very pleased that my home made cards did a brisk trade. Overall the numbers attending were not as good as I'd hoped - there is a similar Fair held at Christmas which is rammed, but this was the first year they had run a spring event so maybe it needs time to build up a reputation.
Drove home through the most glorious spring sunshine, and had a quiet remainder of the day, being very tired (had a nap for an hour) and just wanting to chill out. Andrew continued poorly and felt like a furnace - I swear he glowed in the dark! Early to bed, after watching Barton Fink, a strangely hypnotic Coen Brothers film, strongly reminiscent of Eraserhead.
Sunday was another glorious day. In the afternoon, I had my monthly card making group over in Llandrindod - this month we were doing maze books. Andrew was feeling very much better, although still with a cough. In the evening, he cooked one of our favourite recipes from Delia - pork tenderloin cooked with rosemary, garlic, apples and dry cider. Absolutely delicious, and served with the new season's sprouting broccoli.
I attach a short video taken out in the garden on Sunday afternoon - featuring Andy and Booty doing not very much, but Andy is shown eating grass, one of his stranger habits. Mainly as a test run for both using the video and finding out how easy it is (very!) to upload it.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Bloody typical, in the week that I discover how to put photos on my blog you have to go and raise me a video. Frankly I'm getting rather tired of playing catch-up in this family...! J x

Kathryn said...

Well, to be fair, it is a homely vid of Andrew picking up dog poo and a bit of greyhound frolicking. I'm not yet challenging the Coen bros! And we can't compete with your lovely Iphone.....