Friday, December 21, 2007




Andy continues to be entertaining. This morning Sarah and I were having breakfast downstairs. I was tucking into my Sultana Bran, closely watched by our faithful hound. After I finished it, I put the bowl down on the coffee table so I could drink my coffee. Andy stepped up delicately, neatly removed the spoon from the bowl, placed it on the table, drank the small amount of milk left in the bowl, deftly replaced the spoon in the bowl, let out a big sigh and lay on his sheepskin rug. Sarah and I watched speechlessly. Later, just to reassure us he wasn't turning into too domesticated a dog, he attacked several Amazon parcels that were lying on the hall table waiting to be taken upstairs and wrapped. That's more like the hound we know and love.


Sarah and I went up to Castell Coch this morning. She liked it very much. While we were there, a wedding was taking place. As is usual, the waiting groom looked terrified. When the bride arrived, she looked radiant. Both she and her bridesmaids were wearing strapless dresses, not my first choice for a day when the temperature was barely above freezing and the venue is an old castle. But she looked wonderful, and the castle made a gorgeously romantic venue. When we emerged, I expected to see some form of medieval horse and carriage, but they had a stretch limo waiting which didn't really "fit" with the castle - still, what matters is that they have a wonderful life together.


I attach some photos of Sarah taken at the castle. Took her back to the station this afternoon, to return home on the train.

No comments: