Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Today is the most important day of the year. This morning, we went over to the hospital for my cancer check-up. Good news, all appears well. I can't even begin to explain how this date is both feared and longed for and the weight of anticipation. Anyway, saw the Professor this morning (she's lovely, but her hands were FREEZING!),all the rest of the team, who are always so cheerful and welcoming and made my appointment for this time next year.

We took the dogs for a cold but enjoyable walk afterwards then came home. By that time, the adrenalin kickback had started and I felt so exhausted I went upstairs and had a nap.

Sarah came to stay with us yesterday and this afternoon I took her to the hair salon where she was being transformed from a blonde into a dark and gorgeous Gothic diva. They applied black hair colouring but also wove strands in of dark reds and purples - she looks stunning. Came home and had Nigella's maple chicken/ribs and am just out to the cinema to catch Beowolf. I vaguely remember this from English lessons in school, but guess they have updated it a bit. Will post a review. Later this week, St Trinians opens with Rupert Everett - definately one to see. I raise my glass to one and all - looks like I'll be around for a while yet... Hurrah!! The best Christmas present I could asked for.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Hurrah from me too. Really good news. Best Xmas present you can get (not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't get loads of others too!). J x