Tuesday, December 25, 2007







A Merry Christmas to one and all! Nadolig Llawen.




Yesterday was quiet and peaceful, spent in domestic pursuits and a dog walk. Went to bed last night, and as in every Christmas Eve, found it very difficult to go to sleep owing to excitement. Was lying in bed thinking of the many people I have loved who are not with us at this time of the year, particularly grandparents - I still miss them very much.




Woke this morning after torrential rain in the night, so it must have been difficult for Father Christmas. Opened our stockings, watched and assisted by hounds. Then went out for a lovely walk along the Barrage, with beautiful views back across the city. Many plaques commemorating the opening and so on, all referring to the Lord Mayor of Cardiff as the Right Honourable - I did not think this honorific was appropriate for a lord mayor, so will investigate further.




Came home, put turkey in the oven, had brunch, a shower and then reconvened downstairs to open our presents. Of course I had already received a sewing machine, but there was a very exciting pile of interesting parcels. The main excitement was that Andrew and I had each unwittingly bought the other a digital photo frame, so we now have two. We have set one up, and loaded it with a fascinating variety of shots, great. The other major excitement was an envelope telling me we have tickets for Dolly's Backwoods Barbie tour in July 08 = hurrah!!!!! Also had a beautiful book on quilts by Kaffe Fassett that A bought in Liberty's - I have been glued to it. Received lots of lovely Lush goodies, the new Blade Runner 25 anniversary box set of DVDs, CSI Miami Series 2 DVD (go H - glasses on, glasses off, manly stance, hands on hips) and a fine selection of socks, lipsticks, lipgloss and eyeshadow. Hurrah!




We finally ate around 6 with a wonderful bottle of Margaux, crackers and silly hats. It was delicious. Watched Dr Who - very good with a nice performance by Kylie, the little minx. A is just about to watch Penelope Keith in TTMB - I am less sure about this - has a high cringe potential. May be proved wrong though. No problem if it's terrible, I can just sit there, look decorative and enjoy my new quilt book and a glass of something.




Once again, I wish all my readers a happy Christmas, and a new year that brings peace, good health and love. And greyhounds if you know what's good for you. I attach a couple of photos.

No comments: