Saturday, December 15, 2007




The weather continues to be cold. In the garden, flocks of greenfinches have descended on to the sunflower heads and are systematically stripping the seeds. This is very encouraging, and next year we'll grow more.


Today, we took the dogs over to Cosmeston for a run and a walk - I attach some photos. Everything feels very Christmassy. The house is decorated, tree is up, cards being sent, it all feels good. Went down to Swansea this afternoon to see fave auntie and to take her shopping as she is still not driving yet after her operation. Ventured up to Tesco in Fforestfach, which is huge and was packed. Returned home and am enjoying a peaceful evening, a bottle of Pinot Grigio and a snoring greyhound on one of the sofas. Andrew is watching Gallipoli - Mel Gibson looks about 12 in it.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Fat? You're not fat...

Anyway, helloooo. Your card arrived today (thank you - but I'd love to know what our budget is for little sticky things that one sticks on envelopes - it must be enormous!).

Anyway, so this is what its like to comment on someone else's blog. Its very exciting, let me tell you. Your blog looks fab and its going to take me for ever to read it all. Never mind, I'll persevere and let you know my favourite bits.

Home to Swansea on Saturday for a week - if you're around give me a bell. I'm guessing I won't have warmer weather to look forward to - its bloody freezing up here too. But, can't spend ages gossiping on here - got my own blog to update!

See you soon sweetie (and hugs to your husband). That's al. J x