Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Firstly, a quick update on the young master. Took him to the dentist this morning. He was ushered in to the inner sanctum and emerged shakily a little while later. His tooth had been removed, but the dentist was so skilful that he hadn't even realised that the deed was done. Wow. Came home, very numb and pale, and sensibly spent the afternoon on the sofa cuddling Booty. I went for a haircut and picked up a few treats for him, including some thick milkshakes and some rice pudding. This evening he had a relaxing bath and is now looking a lot better.

Secondly, praise where it's due for a company. My dear friend Leila has in the past used the website Figleaves and reported positively on them. I decided to have a browse. Well, what a selection. Everything from the budget and sensible right up to the most frothy lingerie imaginable, just what you'd imagine wearing on a hot date with Jean Reno (or other hot date of your choice). I made my selection and ordered on Sunday evening. Yesterday, I had an email confirming dispatch of goods, and today a beautifully wrapped parcel arrived, with a packet of lingerie goodness nestling in luxurious tissue paper. All fitted beautifully and am very happy. It's nice to be able to give good feedback about a shopping experience. I also can't imagine that there will be many high street shops with such a fantastic selection in a good range of sizes.

Finally, isn't this weather wonderful? tomorrow, I will be glued to the sofa as ITV 4 will be showing live coverage of the Tour on the stage up to Alpe d'Huez - a really famous climb. The race is very close in the top four and tremendously exciting - I am really enjoying it.

No comments: