Wednesday, December 03, 2008

We've had our first snow, and the weather is still freezing. Most of the back garden and a lot of the front is frozen solid, with frost that does not disappear during the day. When Andrew was driving to work yesterday, the temperature was -6. Brrrr. This morning, Carwyn the postman was saying we are due to get more bad weather at the end of the week.

My plans have been disrupted somewhat. For some weeks, I've been struggling with a very painful problem in my right foot/heel. I even stopped walking the woofs with Andrew for a while. It was starting to get a lot better, and in my impatience, we went for a lovely walk on Sunday (as reported in previous post). Anyway, Monday was payback time, and I was in agony. My plans to go to the Winter Fair were scuppered, especially as outside was like a skating rink. Fortunately, had my first appointment today with the physiotherapist. After a great deal of stretching, prodding, squeezing, bending and extensive note-taking, it appears I have plantar fasciitis. Nothing uncommon about it, nothing exciting. Anyway, we've got a multi-pronged plan of attack with exercises, stretches, ice, heel inserts and a rethink on shoes/boots. Also, I'm banned from dog walking for three weeks. Top marks to the physio for being very professional, reassuring and able to answer all my questions. The trouble with being a cancer patient is that you have to get into the habit of asking lots of questions, and that hasn't left me. More excitingly, his partner is also a keen cross-stitcher and knitter, and regularly takes part in a local Stitch and Bitch session over in Hay-on-Wye. Hopeful that we can get together at some point.

Card requests are coming in, more of a trickle than a flood at the moment - don't forget, if you'd like one, please email me, especially if you are overseas.

1 comment:

The Calico Quilter said...

My sympathies on the plantar fasciitis. I have had it and it's all the more exasperating because nothing looks wrong with the foot, it is just excruciating to walk. Treat it well as the physio says and it will go away, but you can't get impatient because it can take some time. Hope you're better quickly.